For the first time in my life my preseason Super Bowl prediction has actually come true. Back in August I forecasted the Patriots and Seahawks would meet in Super Bowl. At the time that wasn’t really going out on a limb as each were favorites in their respective conferences but to that point it was a risk because how often do the two best teams really meet in the Super Bowl? It’s like picking all #1 seeds to make the Final Four, you know that isn’t going to happen so it’s a risk to pick that way. Below are my predictions versus the actual Super Bowl.
[table id=30 /]
I can’t wait for this Super Bowl, more so than any other year in a very long time. The Patriots have been “my team” since Drew Bledsoe was drafted in the mid 90’s and recently I’ve fell in love with the Seahawks because of Richard Sherman and the Legion of Boom. So whichever outcome happens it’s going to be win-win for me. I’d love to see the Seahawks win back to back championships but I also would love to see Tom Brady get his 4th ring in 6 Super Bowl appearances. The Patriots are an established dynasty, the Seahawks could potentially be one in the making.
Seahawks 28, Packers 22
- Seattle is one of two teams (’81 Bills) to win when throwing 4 interceptions in the playoffs (2-45 overall)
- Green Bay scored just 1 touchdown on 3 trips to Red Zone
- Russell Wilson’s 13.6 QBR is the lowest ever for a starting QB in a post season win
- Jermaine Kearse had one reception on Sunday, a game winning overtime 35 yard touchdown
- Play of the Game: Onside Kick recovered by Seattle with 2:09 to go in 4th Quarter down 19-14
Patriots 45, Colts 7
- Tom Brady is headed to his 6th Super Bowl and Patriots 8th overall (both tied for most all-time)
- Bill Belichick broke Tom Landry’s record with his 21st postseason win
- 2nd largest margin of victory in AFC Championship game (1990: Buffalo 51, Raiders 3)
- Andrew Luck is 0-4 in his career against the Patriots; Last two playoffs ending with losses in Foxboro
- Play of the Game: Tom Brady to Nate Solder (lineman) for 16 yard TD to push score to 24-7